Welcome, Emerald Care team!
A membership with Assurance Healthcare & Counseling Center is one of your health benefit options available to you through your employer.
Before we begin – don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. You can call us at 509-823-4650, email our general address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email me directly: email@example.com. Just so you know – you’ll definitely get the fastest response by either calling or emailing our general address.
What is membership Assurance Healthcare & Counseling Center?
It’s simple – it’s like buying a gym membership, except you have excellent access to healthcare professionals that are on YOUR side. Unlike the regular system that only gets paid when you’re sick – we get paid to get and keep you healthy and happy. And it’s just one, low monthly fee – no office visit charges, copays, deductibles, or anything else to worry about at our clinic.
We start with an establish care visit shortly after you become a member. That’s our way of getting to know you and to start that relationship with you and your provider. After that, call us when you need us. Injuries, sickness, preventive care, health advice – if it’s a medical question, you should call us. We won’t make you come in if it’s not necessary – we can do phone appointments, too.
Our goal is to keep you healthy and away from the expensive healthcare system as much as possible. And when you might need help from the regular system, we’ll help guide you to the best and most affordable care.
We also offer mental health counseling. All our groups are free for members to join, and individual or couples therapy starts at $125 for an intake, then 6 free sessions with your membership (lifetime), and only $50 per visit after that. Read more about our counseling services here.
What is included with membership?
- Unlimited medical appointments – no office visit charges, copays, or deductibles
- Same-day visits when you’re sick or injured (or if you call in the late afternoon, we might say next-day)
- At-cost medications, labs, X-Rays and ultrasounds
- 24/7 telephone access if sickness or injuries happen at night or over the weekend
- Mental Health Counseling – groups are free, 6 free individual or couples therapy sessions available after an intake fee, with the option of continuing therapy for a small office visit fee.
How much does membership at Assurance cost me?
Any employee at Emerald Care is able to purchase Assurance membership for themselves and/or their family at the Emerald Care discounted rate. All full-time employees are given a $40/monthly credit to use towards an Assurance membership for yourself. You’ll pay directly out of your paycheck via payroll deduction for all membership fees not covered by Emerald Care.
The Emerald Care rate is $75/month for the employee (normally $125/monthly). The cost to full-time Emerald Care employees is $35/monthly.
How much does it cost to add my family members?
- Spouse: $75/month
- One Child age 18 or younger: $35/month
- Children (up to 5, ages 18 or younger): $60/month
- Spouse + Children (up to 5 children, ages 18 or younger): $105/month
- Young adults up through age 26 may be added to a family plan or single parent plan for an additional $25/monthly per young adult. Contact Jason (contact info at the top) for a detailed quote.
*If you wish to add anyone to your membership, all payments will be done via payroll deduction!
Is this considered insurance?
No, our membership is not considered insurance. That’s how we’re able to keep our prices low!
Does this qualify for insurance?
No, but the good news is that you don’t have to have insurance. Well – technically there still is a ‘healthcare mandate’ that says everyone has to have insurance… but there isn’t a penalty anymore for not having insurance. So… you don’t need health insurance.
What if I need surgery, or get cancer, or am hospitalized?
Our membership can only count towards anything we do in our clinic. If you have health insurance, that’s where it will kick in. If you have nothing, that’s OK – Assurance membership will get you a long way.
If you’re looking for major medical options, there are many, including those that are offered by Emerald Care. If you don’t qualify for any of those options or you’re looking for options as an individual, reach out to Jason (contact information at the top) and he’ll help you out!
What if I don’t have insurance, or can’t afford it?
Don’t fret. Assurance membership is a great benefit to have, and we can help!
Our job is to keep our members away from expensive healthcare. In the event that you DO need something outside of our office, we’ll help you find the best deals possible (for instance, an MRI normally costs between $3,000 and $4,000 – we know where you can find them for $800 or less).
If you end up in the hospital with a very large bill, we can also help you negotiate that down. Here’s a quick overview of how it might work to go without insurance…
- While being ‘cash pay’ (without health insurance) isn’t for everyone, it’s a better option than most people think. You may end up preferring it, actually.
- Why is it a great option?
- You are in control of your health care and spending – nobody else is telling you what you can and can’t do, where you can and can’t go.
- Cash discounts are VERY often much better than insurance discounts. We’re talking 30-60% and beyond. It’s insane what ‘insurance’ does to the cost of healthcare.
- Payment plans can always be worked out with hospitals and surgery centers. So, if you have an emergent need, you’ll get the same care as you would with health insurance, you just now have a bill that you pay monthly (where they can’t charge you interest) until it’s paid off (and they may eventually ‘write off’ the remainder).
- There are many patient assistance programs that will drastically decrease or even completely wipe away medical bills if you fall into a certain income level (this is up to 400% of the poverty level – so you can still have a decently high income and get assistance!).
- We will help you! Membership at Assurance gains you access to our knowledge, network and expertise when it comes to navigating the healthcare system – and we can save you thousands of dollars if you need healthcare outside of our clinic!
How do I sign up?
Easy – just ask for an employee registration form from Kristal.
Or, fill out this form. We’ll confirm that you’re eligible and then get you signed up right away!